IN FULL: Tasmanian officials deliver a COVID-19 update | ABC News

A 31-year-old New South Wales man who fled hotel quarantine in Hobart on Monday has tested positive for COVID-19. Tasmania’s director of Public Health has confirmed he was picked up by a friend in a private car and taken to a location in the city’s northern suburbs.
Subscribe: Read more here:
He said there was no exposure risk on public transport. Earlier, Premier Peter Gutwein said all 38 primary contacts with the man were isolating and being tested for COVID-19.
Seven test results have come back so far, all negative.

ABC News provides around the clock coverage of news events as they break in Australia and abroad, including the latest coronavirus pandemic updates. It’s news when you want it, from Australia’s most trusted news organisation.

For more from ABC News, click here:
Watch more ABC News content ad-free on iview:

Go deeper on our ABC News In-depth channel:
Like ABC News on Facebook:
Follow ABC News on Instagram:
Follow ABC News on Twitter:

Note: In most cases, our captions are auto-generated.

#ABCNews #ABCNewsAustralia

This article was gathered automatically by our news bot. We help YouTubers by driving traffic to them for free. The featured image in this article is the thumbnail of the embedded video.

Leave a Comment

Close
Share via
Copy link